Our client is a growing food manufacturing company. They are seeking a Production Line Cook/Chef to join their team. This person will plan and coordinate activities related to product preparation, product creation and other culinary innovation. Maintain an in-depth understanding of culinary and food ingredient trends as they pertain to the business.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and execute food samples for testing and sales support.
• Track food sample tests for yields.
• Send food samples for micro and shelf testing.
• Execute test runs through the pilot units as it pertains to new facility potential product lines.
• Manage the day-to-day culinary operations in the corporate office.
• Research food trends and testing innovations related to the company’s current and potential equipment.
• Collaborate with visiting chefs and guide visitors through pilot equipment tests.
• Support Research & Development with food tests.
• Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop products.
• Demonstrate new cooking techniques or equipment.
• Work closely with the Sales Department to understand customer needs and communicate the benefit of products as tools to meet those needs.
• Maintain an in-depth understanding of culinary and food ingredient trends as they pertain to the business.
• Responsible for communicating opportunities, products and results to the Corporate Chef as well as the broader organization.
• Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations.
• Support all safety, food quality and sanitation initiatives and policies.
• Follow Companies safety rules and procedures.
• Perform other duties and tasks as assigned
Minimum of five years of experience in the culinary field as chef or sous chef.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Possesses extensive knowledge and skills in the culinary field.
• Possesses skills and knowledge required to operate food preparation and cooking equipment.
• Able to read and comprehend printed and electronic information.
• Able to use computers, especially programs like Microsoft Office suite, specifically Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Able to use critical thinking to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions or approaches to problems.
• Possesses the skills needed to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
• Possesses the skills and experience to be an innovative, qualified professional resource and has a record of innovation and accomplishment in the culinary industry.
• Possesses the skills needed to communicate with persons inside and outside the organization.
• Able to guide oneself with little or no supervision and depend on oneself to get things done.
• Knows sales and marketing strategies, especially from an ingredient perspective.
• Able to use logic and reasoning to weigh production capability, marketing tactics and economical gain.
• Knows principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.